The Rockland Water Coalition is a partnership of many of the environmental and civic groups in Rockland County and the Hudson Valley. It was formed to take a critical look at the impacts of Suez / United Water’s proposal to build a desalination plant on the Hudson River and to advocate for sustainable water management policies, such as conservation, in Rockland County and the Hudson Valley.
The Rockland Water Coalition includes:
- *Citizens Campaign for
- Clarkstown Taxpayers
- Fishermen Against Fracking
- *Food & Water Watch
- Hudson River Fisherman’s Association
- Hudson Valley Fellowship of Reconciliation
- NY/NJ Baykeeper
- NYPIRG (New York Public Interest Research Group)
- Orangetown Democratic Committee
- Preserve Ramapo
- Ramapo River Committee
- Ramapo River Watershed
- Intermunicipal Council
- Rockland AARP
- Rockland County Beekeepers Association
- Rockland Farm Alliance
- Rockland for Obama OFA
- Rockland Residents Against
- Flooding Tomorrow (R.A.F.T)
- Save Our Groundwater
- Scenic Hudson
- Sierra Club, Lower Hudson Group
- *Stony Point Action Committee
for the Environment (S.P.A.C.E.)
- Strawtown Studio
- Sparkill Watershed Alliance
- Torne Valley Preservation Assoc.
- West Branch Conservation Assoc.
*Partner websites that have desalination issues pages
To join us, visit our contact page.